The idea of working with couples through engagement of each person’s whole being is exciting and groundbreaking. The Embodied Couples Institute (ECI) and The Center for the Exceptional Marriage are at the forefront of this new movement.
New Training Program starting in 2015
For: Couples Teams and Solo therapists
January 9th, 10th, and 11th
March 13th, 14th, and 15th
June 12th, 13th, 14th, and 15th
September 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th
See www.exceptionalmarriage.com for full curriculum, requirements and cost of program(Click on Training).
Holmes, New York at the Holmes Retreat Center (90 minute direct train from Grand Central Station in NYC)
Embodied Couples Work follows these major premises:
1. The “Five Es” – Expressive, Evolutionary, Embodied, Emotionally Focused and Experiential.
2. Communication occurs on both a verbal and non-verbal level and couples need to learn to“dialogue” with the whole of their body/mind in order to create emotional resonance.
3. Conflict engagement is the doorway to deep understanding and growth.
4. There is a need for couples to incorporate not only mindfulness, but to embody their shared experiences.
5. The therapist must be willing to take “leaps of faith” to encourage a broader and more flexible range of expression for each partner.
6. That each couple creates a “shared energy field” from which both problems and breakthroughs will occur.
7. Couples connect through here and now experiences and not only by talking about their dynamics.
ECI offers training to helping professionals who wish to learn this novel approach to assisting couples open to their full potential. The institute has trained over 100 professionals from all over the world, including Mexico, Canada, Holland, Germany, Australia, and Scotland, The Center for the Exceptional Marriage offers a variety of services for couples including the Going All The Way couples retreats and individual services for couples which include remote sessions using Skype and FaceTime as well as in person sessions varying in length from one hour to full day intensives.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Manhattan – Office Location
150 W. 28th St. Suite 1104
New York, New York 10001
Marcia Gleason, LCSW – firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian Gleason, LCSW – email@example.com
Brian Gleason, LCSW is the co-founder, director, trainer and developer of Embodied Couples Institute. Brian has over 35 years of experience in working with organizations, groups, couples, and individuals in a variety of mental health, corporate, wellness, and educational settings.
Marcia Gleason, LCSW is the co-founder, trainer and developer of Embodied Couples Institute. Marcia brings 35 years of clinical experience, and dedication and passion to working with matters of the mind, body and heart.