Berkeley, CA – 3/2018 — In Hakomi Comprehensive Training Level 1, you’ll learn through short talks, unique skill-based experiential exercises, supervised practice, demonstrations and assigned readings. You’ll participate in regular supervised practice and receive supportive feedback by dedicated and knowledgeable teaching assistants. This feedback will provide opportunities to celebrate what’s working, refine what needs attention, and to evolve personal edges that may be limiting your success. Our learning environment is relaxed and participatory with numerous opportunities to practice new skills with other group members, both in and out of class.
In this hands-on, experiential training, you’ll learn how to:
- Energize and strengthen your work using Hakomi’s inspiring principles like nonviolence, organicity, mind-body holism and unity
- Use mindfulness to identify and transform hidden core beliefs driving self-defeating behavior
- Gain greater self-awareness by mindfully studying your own limiting reactive patterns
- Work from a compassionate, nonjudgmental state that helps clients feel safer and go deeper
- Apply unique and innovative methods for melting client resistance and overcoming impasses in your work