Multiple dates and locations for training.
New training dates added!
Portland, OR Beginning I October 7-10, 2016
NYC, NY Beginning I January 27-30, 2017
Thank you for your interest in the SE Professional Training.
This four-day Beginning I training module is the first of eight modules constituting the Somatic Experiencing Professional Training and is open to those enrolling for the full Somatic Experiencing Practitioner certificate program. If you are unsure about applying for the full Somatic Experiencing Professional Training, we invite you to first attend one of our introductory workshops to help you determine if the full training program is for you.
Beginning I Course Objectives:
- Understand the physiological basis of trauma and identify how maladaptive physiological responses to threat, and their lack of resolution, may contribute to the formation of PTSD symptoms.
- Track sensory and sensory-motor experience in clients and convert other elements of experience into sensory and sensory-motor experience.
- Demonstrate working through disorganized sensory and sensory-motor experience using the concepts of orientation, stabilization, containment, resourcing, titration, pendulation, and self-regulation to discharge un-discharged arousal in order to help organism return to homeostasis.
- Identify adaptive and maladaptive physiology of activation and deactivation in animals and human beings exposed to threat and its aftermath, such as incomplete orienting and defensive responses of fight, flight, and freeze.
- Demonstrate working with language that supports the tracking of sensation.
To Apply for the 3 Year Professional Training Program:
All prospective students for the 3 Year Professional Training Program must FIRST complete the Professional Training Application.
Once your application has been reviewed and accepted, you will be invited to register and pay for your Beginning I Training Module.
As part of the application process you will also be required to sign our online SE Training Informed Consent and Release Agreement
Students are STRONGLY encouraged to attend the first six modules (Beginning and Intermediate-levels) at the same training location to support a strong and cohesive group learning environment. If you are unable to attend one of your local training modules, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
Required Reading during Beginning Year:
Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma by Peter A. Levine, PhD and
In an Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Trauma and Restores Goodness by Peter A. Levine, PhD
You can purchase these books during your online registration process.