POST OFFICE BOX 806
MENDOCINO, CALIFORNIA 95460
CORE EVOLUTION is a professional analytic and body-oriented therapy, life coaching and teaching system. Its foundation is the comprehensive understanding that essence and life energy is expressed through our Core
– the center of the individuated universal life energy, a wellspring of healing, joy, creativity and wisdom.
CORE EVOLUTION is based on:
- contemporary scientific research on the interaction of body and mind
- the therapeutic foundations of relational, emotion-focussed, body-oriented psychotherapy
- family systems
- developmental theories of bonding and attachment
- its own research-based approach to Trauma Therapy
- incorporating Western and Eastern teachings
CORE EVOLUTION unifies knowledge and intuition, science and the wisdom of the heart, psychology and philosophy. It explores the interconnectedness of life as it manifests in the unity of body, emotions, feelings, mind, will and the field of consciousness.
CORE EVOLUTION provides the basis for a deeper understanding of the dynamic interrelationship of energy and consciousness, how they affect our personal development, the formation of our personalities, as well as our interactions with others and the world, thus influencing our perceptions of reality.
CORE EVOLUTION honors the integrity and wholeness of the person, approaching each individual with
mindfulness, empathy and compassion.
The Core Evolutions Training
It is a certification program taught by pioneers and leaders in the professional field of psychodynamic, body-oriented and heart-centered therapy. The CORE EVOLUTION Training is for people working with people – therapists, body-workers,
teachers, consultants and other professionals.
The Core Evolutions Training – Training addresses our multidimensional reality. Its theory and practice developed out of our experience and insights from the following approaches:
- Analytic-based, emotion-centered, body-oriented therapy
- Gestalt, Humanistic, Transpersonal and Integral Psychology
- Family therapy and Systems Theory
- Behavioral approaches.
- Buddhist and Sufi Psychology
- Energy and Complementary Medicine.
These essential teachings are unified into a Whole Person Psychology. The CORE EVOLUTION Training is conducted and applied in:
- Individual and group process
- Lecture and discussions
- Exercises and creative Movement
- Meditation and the practice of mindfulness
- Inquiry into the concepts of Self
- Reading assignments
- Professional application and practice
The International Institute of CORE EVOLUTION * CORE SOMA is an acknowledged member of the:
- EABP (European Association of Body Psychotherapy)
- Forum ( EABP designated group for training standards)
- USABP (United States Association of Body Psychotherapy)
- AHP (Association of Humanistic Psychology)
- ATP (Association for Transpersonal Psychology)
The Institute is conducting its own cutting edge research in the interconnectedness of psycho-emotional processes and their effect on the body, mind and healing. www.CoreEvolution.com see: Foundation of Healing www.CoreEvolution.com
Whenever a thought is perceived or a feeling is felt,
we experience it in the somatic realm. – SIEGMAR GERKEN
SIEGMAR GERKEN, PH.D, ECP, HP(Psychotherapy) studied psychology, education and anthropology. He has pioneered body-oriented and heart-centered therapy and Humanistic Psychology since 1971 and is the founder of the Energy & Consciousness Programs (www.EnergyandConsciousness.com) and of CORE EVOLUTION (www.CoreEvolution.com). Siegmar is adjunct teaching faculty at the Santa Barbara Graduate Institute at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology as well as at the Esalen Institute, Big Sur, California, the renowned Institute for the development of the Human Potential. He conducts body-oriented therapy and mindfulness-based trainings at the Behavioral Therapy Training Institute in Hamburg, and specialized Management and Coaching Seminars at Systema Management Trainings. Besides his own trainings in CORE EVOLUTION, he lectures and teaches at universities and private institutes worldwide on the interconnectedness of psychosomatic processes as they manifest on the levels of body, emotions, mind, will and spirit.
CORNELIA GERKEN, CMP, ECP, HP(Psychotherapy) completed her university studies in Göttingen, Germany with a degree in education and further studies in psychology. Cornelia integrates different psychosomatic and psychospiritual pproaches.
She developed her own synthesis, CORE SOMA, which looks at somatic reality as the foundation of our lives. In her work she shares her compassion and joy for life, bringing a deep presence of the feminine. Cornelia is also a dancer and artist. With her husband she is the Co-Founder and Co-Director of the International Institute of CORE EVOLUTION and