Embodied Couples Training
March 13, 14, 15
June 12, 13, and 14
Sept 11,12, 13, 14
FIND OUT MORE: EMBODIED COUPLES TRAINING: CERTIFICATION 1
Embodied Couples Training 2015 (PDF)
The idea of working with couples through engagement of each person’s whole being is exciting and groundbreaking. The Embodied Couples Institute (ECI) and The Center for the Exceptional Marriage are at the forefront of this new movement.
ECI operates on these major premises:
1. It follows the “Five Es” – Expressive, Evolutionary, Embodied, Emotionally Focused and
2. Communication occurs on both a verbal and non-verbal level and couples need to learn to
“dialogue” with the whole of their body/mind in order to create emotional resonance.
3. Conflict engagement is the doorway to deep understanding and growth.
4. There is a need for couples to incorporate not only mindfulness, but to embody their shared
5. The therapist must be willing to take “leaps of faith” to encourage a broader and more
flexible range of expression for each partner.
6. That each couple creates a “shared energy field” from which both problems and
breakthroughs will occur.
7. Couples connect through here and now experiences and not by talking about their
ECI offers training to helping professionals who wish to learn this novel approach to assisting
couples open to their full potential. The institute has trained over 100 professionals from all over
the world, including Mexico, Canada, Holland, Germany, Australia, and Scotland, The Center for
the Exceptional Marriage offers a variety of services for couples including the Going All The Way
couples retreats and individual services for couples which include remote sessions using Skype
and FaceTime as well as in person sessions varying in length from one hour to full day
Marcia Gleason, LCSW is the co-founder, trainer and developer of Embodied Couples Institute. Marcia brings 30 years of experience, dedication and passion to working with matters of the mind, body and heart. Trained as a clinical social worker, Marcia recognized early on the limitations of talk therapy.
Brian Gleason, LCSW is the co-founder, director, trainer and developer of Embodied Couples Institute. Brian has over 30 years of experience in working with organizations, groups, couples, and individuals in a variety of mental health, corporate, wellness, and educational settings.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Dutchess County – Office Location
2 Nancy Drive
Lagrangeville, New York 12540
Manhattan – Office Location
150 W. 28th St. Suite 1104
New York, New York 10001
Marcia Gleason, LCSW – firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian Gleason, LCSW – email@example.com